Friday, July 25, 2014

Mid Century Design

One thing I love about certain areas of South Jersey is their lack of updating! Some tiny towns look straight out of the 1940s. Other bigger, citified areas may still have flashy mid-century signs and buildings. Like the Highway '77 Motel in Upper Deerfield Twp:

Unsure if this has been demolished or not (it was scheduled for it last I heard!), but here's another Mid-century sign and building facade found in Vineland:

And finally, this abandoned mid-century style motel hidden away in Dennis Township. I remember this place being open in the 90s -- my boyfriend and I at the time used to laugh at it for being "old" and "dirty-looking." *sigh*

Time forgot some of the less-inhadited places in deep southern New Jersey and that's one thing I like about it. The mid-century capital of the south, though, is definitely Wildwood!

No comments:

Post a Comment